If it pains you a little to come work for us instead of starting your own company, you'll fit in well in this role. Mixergy will be the best place for you to prep for starting your own company and for helping other entrepreneurs build theirs.
Mixergy is an online educational site that founders of today's top startups listened to while building their companies. We need an Operations Manager with experience to help us train the next generation of founders.
In this role:
- You will be interacting with and recruiting the world's most successful founders to be interviewed and to teach on the site.
- You will lead a team of content creators who'll spread these founders' ideas across the internet.
- You will create systems that deliver consistently-improving results.
- You'll hire and manage a fully-remote team.
- You will help lead Mixergy by working closely with its founder, Andrew Warner.
Your success will be measured by how many entrepreneurs we help.
You'll be hiring & managing freelancers who'll:
- Improve the content of our podcasts.
- Improve the production quality of our podcasts.
- Revamp our content marketing initiatives.
- Work with our ad manager to make people LOVE to hear about our sponsors' products.
- Produce new educational content for startup entrepreneurs.
- Lead our email & chat marketing.
How we’ll measure success:
- Number of top tier founders who appear in interviews and courses.
- Number of hits to our site from new content sources (like Quora answers, or Instagram posts).
- Number of email subscribers who like what we send.
- Number of courses produced.
- You must be available to work full-time.
- You must be systems oriented. If you're the type of person who has a checklist for things like what to pack on a trip, you'd be a good fit.
- You must have online content marketing experience.
- You must have experience hiring and managing people.
- You need to know who the major players are in the startup world because you're the type of person who reads about them for fun.
- You need to be able to stand up for your point of view when you disagree with our founder, but maintain your passion even when you lose an argument.